Subject: [gentoo-vdr] vdr-1.5.7 in vdr-1.5 overlay

From: Matthias Schwarzott <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 16:37:08 +0200

Hello gentoo-vdr-mailinglist!

As you might have noticed already: we now have an almost working vdr-1.5.7 
ebuild in our overlay.

The eclass has some hack to convert plugins to work with the new (new for vdr) 
gettext translation system.

Most plugins compile fine. If you have solutions for one of the others, do it 
as always:
Either open some bug, or post the solution here that one of us can add it to 
the ebuilds.

Matthias

-- 
Matthias Schwarzott (zzam)
-- 
[email-masked] mailing list

---

From: Joerg Krause <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 10:37:42 +0200

> gettext translation system.

I've got problems to compile the following plugins (vdr-1.5 and
vdr-testing overlay) due to a sandbox access violation:

[ebuild     U ] media-plugins/vdr-femon-1.2.0 [1.1.3] 
[ebuild     U ] media-plugins/vdr-skinsoppalusikka-1.1.0 [1.0.4] 
[ebuild     U ] media-plugins/vdr-epgsearch-0.9.23_beta14 [0.9.23_beta5]

The error for all plugins is the same:

--------------------------- ACCESS VIOLATION SUMMARY
mkdir:     /usr/include/vdr/locale
-----------------------------------------------------

There should be a change in the vdr-plugin eclass
vdr-plugin_src_unpack function. The "LOCALEDIR = $(VDRDIR)/locale"
should be patched in the makefile to the correct path.

cu,

Quacks

---

From: Matthias Schwarzott <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 11:47:44 +0200

On Freitag, 17. August 2007, Joerg Krause wrote:
> > As you might have noticed already: we now have an almost working
> > vdr-1.5.7 ebuild in our overlay.
> >
> > The eclass has some hack to convert plugins to work with the new (new for
> > vdr) gettext translation system.
>

The vdr-plugin.eclass already contains this code:
            emake ${BUILD_PARAMS} \
                ${VDRPLUGIN_MAKE_TARGET:-all} \
                LOCALEDIR="${TMP_LOCALE_DIR}" \
            || die "emake failed"

That means it should work after emerge --sync.

Matthias