Gentoo Screenshot Contest 2009
The screenshots submitted are contributed by various Gentoo users and
developers. Upon request of further details on a specific screeshot, one
may try to locate the author in #gentoo channel on the freenode network or
in our gentoo forums.
The Judges will consist of one active developer and two independent Gentoo
The following rules apply to this contest
- Each contestant is only allowed to make up to one submission.
- The image resolution must be strictly between 1024x768 and 1920x1200
- The images must be in 'png' format.
- One must prove the origin of their screenshot being a Gentoo Linux machine.
For this, an open terminal with emerge --info |head -n 1
- The 2009 Screenshot contest is part of the Gentoo 10 Year Anniversary
- The 3 best screenshots will be posted on the
Gentoo 10 Year Anniversary Party Page.
- Here we will
compare the current screenshots with screenshots from the early
- The submission deadline is 2009-09-15 and the winner
will be announced on the 10 year anniversary date of 2009-10-04.
Note: The Gentoo branding project may wish to recreate your
ideas,therefore please note down all the resources you used in detail.
How to submit your brand new screenshot
By submiting your screenshot you agree to the terms under the Creative Commons -
Attribution / Share Alike license.
Please provide the following information in your submission e-mail:
- Username (if you have any, on gentoo forums or irc so that the other users
may contact you if needed)
- Name (optional)
details (links, resources etc.) of your screenshot components such as
themes, icons, wallpaper etc.
- Please provide the specs of your box
so we can compaire it with the systems from the past.
Screenshots should be mailed to Gentoo PR
Important: Your email will be kept private.
The contents of this document, unless otherwise expressly stated, are licensed under the CC-BY-SA-2.5 license. The Gentoo Name and Logo Usage Guidelines apply.